Carbo's Classic Hits

I'm an aspiring sports journalist and am currently studying Professional Writing & Editing at RMIT with a view to completing a journalism degree. Sport plays a big part in my life and I don't think you will ever be able to take sport away from me no matter what I am doing or where I am in the world.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Netball.... whats next?

The Commonwealth Bank Trophy is Australia's elite netball competition played at venues across Australia and is telecast live on digital television channel ABC2.

Australia will be keen to avenge the loss to New Zealand in the Commonwealth Games final when a two Test series is played over the next week in Brisbane and Sydney.

However, there is one paticular issue pertaining to television coverage of the series that has angered me greatly since I found out about it on Netball Australia's website.

This is the ABC's decision to not utilise the ABC2 digital channel to telecast the two international matches LIVE but to rather stick with the traditional formula of delayed telecasts.

It's a completely different story in New Zealand receive where viewers receive live coverage of all Silverferns matches played on the One Sport network.

Does Netball Australia have anything to do with this or was this a decision made by ABC management in Sydney?

Ideally, if we want increased coverage and general media interest in netball surely using the ABC2 channel to cover internationals as well as Commonwealth Bank Trophy matches would be the way to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>